Thursday 22 September 2016

Howling Banshee

With the re-release of Killteam for 40k, our gaming group will be running a Killteam campaign later in the year and I'm really excited. I've always wanted to try the skirmish version of 40k but have never got around to it.

My original intention was to run a Nids Killteam using my warriors and termagants but couldn't resist the opportunity/temptation to paint and run something completely new. While I'm fine with this decision, I'm a little embarrassed by my final choice.... Eldar.

At least I can console myself with the fact that I won't be getting involved in any tricksy Eldar shenanigans, such as Scatbikes or D-weapons or Wraithknights or Warpspiders or...  or...   or...

...or any of their other nasty stuff. In fact, I've opted to take what is supposed to be one of their only sub-par units, Howling Banshees.


I picked up a unit of 5 old school Banshees from Glen (thanks for the deal) and despite their age they are great looking models. I'll be painting them with the bone/blue scheme I've used above and intend to reverse the scheme for the unit of Dire Avengers that I'll be running alongside them.

I've also picked up the new plastic Eldrad, who will not actually take to the table but will be used to represent the scheming Farseer running my Killteam from the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment