Monday 12 September 2016

Nurgle Warrior

I love the free Slaughterpriest model from the September White Dwarf but really didn't want to paint him with a Khorne scheme, so changed the icon on his belt and painted him as a champion of Nurgle instead.


I used a new technique on the model by painting his armour with a series of washes over a bone coloured base coat. It has given the green plating the pallid, sickly tone I was hoping for and was never going to achieve with my usual layering technique.

He'll see play in games of Warhammer Quest using the rules provided in White Dwarf but I will have to rename his abilities with a Nurgle theme to match his paintjob.

3 comments:

  1. Cheers John, I try to update the blog regularly but definitely have quiet patches when work gets too busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Slaughterpriest looks great, very cool kitbash.

    ReplyDelete