Thursday 14 July 2016

Malifaux War Pig

I have my first 40k tournament in a few weeks and a couple of units still to paint, and as per usual I'm avoiding the deadline instead of trying to meet it.

My Malifaux War Pig arrived after weeks of waiting and I immediately dropped everything else in my rush to get it painted.


This is the first model for my Malifaux Gremlins collection (soon to be followed by many more), and I've decided to take a different approach to painting it compared to how I paint my 40k miniatures. I usually paint from a black base coat, layering ever lighter colours over that while leaving black visible for my deepest shadows. 


For this model I haven't used any black paint at all, having instead started with a bone base coat and building up colour using a lot more thin layers of just two shades per colour (eg a darker green and a lighter green, a darker and lighter grey, etc.). This approach has left the model looking very different from my usual efforts and has, I think, worked really well on a model with so much flesh to paint.

Next up MUST be my two Dark Angel units, but hot on their heels will be a trio of Rooster Riders to keep this guy company.

No comments:

Post a Comment