Friday 20 January 2017

Chaos Spawn

In order to run my World Eaters as a Butcher's Horde detachment I need to be able to field at least one of the auxiliary formations. For now I've opted to run with a unit of Chaos Spawn, due to them being the cheapest (points wise) option leaving me plenty of points for berserkers.

I'm not a fan of the Games Workshop spawn models (sorry GW) so decided to substitute in the three 2nd Gen Plague Mutants from the Deadzone starter. 


The problem with using these models is that the quality of the sculpt is not great (sorry Mantic).
To get around this problem I've gone over the top in terms of the Ork opponents I've added to their bases. This let me take advantage of the dynamic poses of the models while also drawing attention away from the poor quality.





  




















While working on this unit, I've settled on a ruined urban theme for basing the army. Some units will be moving through ruins and will have a lot of rubble and debris like these, while others will be heading across more open ground with little to no debris on their bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment