Monday 28 November 2016

Second Flyrant

I bought a secondhand flying Hive Tyrant recently (despite telling myself I would never paint another one). My first task was to remodel him as he had been built as a clone of my original Flyrant. This involved cutting off and rebuilding his arms and guns, turning his legs to face forward and rebuilding a knee so that his talons pointed towards a single locus.


I needed the legs to do this as I have built him swooping in to engage an Ultramarine captain. I've used dead and dying Ultramarines as sources of spot colour throughout my Tyranid force and thought I had better model at least one of them doing something heroic.


The idea for this scene has come from the blog Chucking Monkeys (http://monkeychuka.blogspot.co.nz/). The modelling on his Tyranids is top notch and has inspired me to make at least a token effort on this front with my own Tyranids.


As shown in this shot, the Flyrant is on a standard sized base that lifts out of the display base for gameplay (if I ever get round to playing a game with these guys).

When I put my two Flyrants together, this guy definitely has the lazier paintjob, which is probabaly a symptom of being my reluctant second effort. Overall I'm happy enough though, as the better modelling effort on him makes up for the sloppy painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment