Monday 31 October 2016

Warpstorm 9

I attended the Warpstorm 9 40k tournament over the weekend and had a great time. Many thanks have to go to my five great opponents and to Hagen for running the event for us all
.
After reaching the lofty heights of the top 10 in my first tournament, this was a more humbling experience. I played well (for me) in two matches and got wins out of them, played badly in two others for a draw and a loss (this was probably always going to be a loss but could have been a closer match with smarter play) and was absolutely obliterated in another match.

These results left me in 17th out of 26 and just a few points outside the top half of the draw, highlighting the fact that I need to get more points out of my losses in the future.

(photo from stumpyheaven.blogspot.co.nz - thanks John!)

To be honest, the only part of a tournament where I'm ever a contender is in the painting vote, and I'm really pleased to have taken out the Aquila award for best presented. I've put a lot of time and effort into improving my painting skills and it's nice to have something to show for it (other than the army itself!).

Also with Glen (wrythsprimarchs.blogspot.co.nz) cooking up something new and another friend's amazing Orks about to hit the tournament scene, this seems to have been a very timely win.

No comments:

Post a Comment